ELFA 51st Annual Convention in Palm Desert, Calif., Oct. 21-23, 2012
What: Equipment Leasing and Finance Association’s 51st Annual Convention
When: Sunday, Oct. 21, to Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012
Where: JW Marriott Desert Springs, Palm Desert, Calif.
Conference Website: www.elfaonline.org/Events/2012/AC/
Conference Theme: Discovering Opportunities
Highlights: Business is on the rise in the $628 billion equipment finance sector, but the industry isn’t relying on business as usual. Industry leaders from around the nation will gather at the ELFA 51st Annual Convention to address critical industry issues and trends and discover new opportunities for growth. The convention will address both the practical, day-to-day needs of running a business, as well as the strategic issues that help leasing and finance executives plan for the future, including but not limited to:
- The state of the equipment finance industry
- Implications of the pending changes to the lease accounting standard
- Navigating the funding headwinds
- Strategies for health care funding
- Business planning for the new economic era
- Deploying a global finance solution
- Leasing trends in Asia Pacific
- Growth opportunities in Latin America and Canada
- Discovering opportunities in federal and municipal leasing
- Financing residential and commercial solar leasing and energy retrofits
- Challenges and opportunities in air, rail and marine
- Surviving and thriving in the post-liquidity crises world
- How technology trends are shaping the customer experience
Keynote speakers will include:
- Former FDIC Chair Sheila Bair, who presided over one of the most tumultuous periods in our nation’s economy from 2006–2011, will kick off the convention on Oct. 22 and share her insights into the nation’s financial sector.
- Business coach Scott Deming will address the Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Luncheon on Oct. 22. He will share marketing and branding insights for the new economy.
- Russ Golden, member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, will address the convention on Oct. 23. He will discuss the lease accounting project and what it means for the industry and its customers.
- Political expert Charlie Cook will provide an outlook on the November elections and the political landscape in Washington on Oct. 23.
Also of note:
- Community service projects will take place on Oct. 21 with Habitat for Humanity of Coachella Valley and Build-a-Bike.
- The Distinguished Service Award will be presented at the convention.
- The Exhibit Hall will showcase the latest technology and services available to help increase the operational efficiency of attendees’ companies.
Learn more at www.elfaonline.org/Events/2012/AC/
Media Registration: Members of the press who wish to attend must contact Amy Vogt at email@example.com to request a press pass.
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) is the trade association that represents companies in the $628 billion equipment finance sector, which includes financial services companies and manufacturers engaged in financing capital goods. ELFA members are the driving force behind the growth in the commercial equipment finance market and contribute to capital formation in the U.S. and abroad. Its over 550 members include independent and captive leasing and finance companies, banks, financial services corporations, broker/packagers and investment banks, as well as manufacturers and service providers. ELFA has been equipping business for success for more than 50 years. For more information, please visit www.elfaonline.org.