Equipment Leasing and Finance Association Announces New Board of Directors
Crit DeMent, Chairman and CEO of LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc., Elected Chairman
San Antonio, Texas, October 24, 2011 – Today, during the 50th Annual Convention of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the association announces its new Board of Directors and Officers, who will serve during the next 12 months. Crit DeMent, Chairman and CEO of LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc., is the Chairman of the Board and Rick Remiker, President of Huntington Equipment Finance, is now Chairman-elect.
The Chairman-elect and new board members were recommended by ELFA’s Nominating Committee and approved by a vote of the general membership.
“We are fortunate to have Crit DeMent as the 2012 Chairman of our Board of Directors during these challenging times,” said ELFA President and CEO William G. Sutton, CAE. “Crit’s proven leadership skills, his extensive experience in our industry, and his dedication to our association’s goals will help position ELFA to move forward in fulfilling our mission of supporting our members while they are Equipping Business for Success.”
“I am honored and looking forward to having this opportunity to serve as ELFA Chairman,” stated DeMent. “Our industry will continue to play a vital role in the recovery of the U.S. economy and our association as its primary advocate will be at the forefront of this effort. One of the key benefits of this position is working directly with our membership, which is represented by some of the brightest and most creative individuals in the country. Over the next year my goal is to continue to engage our membership to meet future challenges together and continue to deliver relevant value to our organization.”
DeMent has been Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer since he joined LEAF in November 2001. Before that, he was President of Fidelity Leasing, Inc., and its successor, the Technology Finance Group of Citi-Capital Vendor Finance, from 1998 to 2001. He served as Vice President of Marketing for Tokai Financial Services from 1987 through 1996.
DeMent has previously served on the ELFA’s Board of Directors as a member of the Executive Committee. He has also served multiple terms on the Captive and Vendor Finance Business Council Steering Committee and was on the committee that drafted the Code of Fair Business Practices. Most recently he has served on ELFA’s Personnel Committee, as well as on the planning committee for the association’s Annual Investors Conference.
The new members of the ELFA Board of Directors include:
• Robert Boyer, President, Susquehanna Commercial Finance, Inc.
• Susan Carol, APR, CEO, Susan Carol Associates Public Relations, Inc.
• Daniel McCabe, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, U.S. and Canada, John Deere Financial
Adam D. Warner, President, Key Equipment Finance; Robert J. Rinaldi, Senior Vice President, CSI Leasing; and James McGrane, President and CEO, EverBank Commercial Finance, Inc.; were elected by the Board of Directors to serve as ELFA Vice Chairs. Thomas M. Jaschik, President, BB&T Equipment Finance, continues to serve as Treasurer, and Paul Stilp, ELFA’s Vice President of Finance and Administration, will continue to serve as Secretary. William G. Sutton, CAE, serves as President and CEO.
David Merrill, President, Fifth Third Equipment Finance Company, is Immediate Past Chairman. In addition to Boyer, Carol and McCabe, the following are also members of the ELFA Board of Directors:
• Kent Adams, President, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
• Thomas Askounis, President/Shareholder, Askounis & Darcy, P.C.
• Anthony Cracchiolo, President and CEO, Vendor Services, U.S. Bancorp Equipment Finance
• Steve A. Grosso, President and CEO, CoActiv Capital Partners
• Stanley Herkelman, President, GreatAmerica Leasing Corporation
• Lauren Hill, Senior Vice President, Mesirow Financial Consulting
• Harry J. Kaplun, President, Frost Equipment Leasing and Finance
• Anthony Pacchiano, Vice President and General Manager, ADP Commercial Leasing
• Richard L. Ross, President, Summit Funding Group
• Fred Sasser, President, Chicago Freight Car Leasing Co.
• David T. Schaefer, CLP, President, Orion First Financial
• Larry A. Smilie, Managing Director, Banc of America Leasing
• Jud Snyder, President, BMO Harris Equipment Finance Company
• William F. Stephenson, Chairman, Global Vendor Finance, De Lage Landen Financial Services
• Louis J. Vigliotti, Senior Managing Director, GE Capital Markets Group
• Derek C. Wilkins, Vice President, Financial and Workplace Services, Steelcase, Inc.
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) is the trade association that represents companies in the $628 billion equipment finance sector, which includes financial services companies and manufacturers engaged in financing capital goods. ELFA members are the driving force behind the growth in the commercial equipment finance market and contribute to capital formation in the U.S. and abroad. Its over 550 members include independent and captive leasing and finance companies, banks, financial services corporations, broker/packagers and investment banks, as well as manufacturers and service providers. In 2011, ELFA is celebrating 50 years of equipping business for success. For more information, please visit www.elfaonline.org.